about the yoga
Yoga is more than a workout. Not only is it a powerful physical practice, it also creates opportunity for curiosity, discovery and connection, both within one's self and with the community of humanity. Jessica's classes draw on the wisdom of Tantra, a philosophy that seeks to appreciate the body as a tool of higher connection with the Self. This creates a learning experience that is allows for more than a good stretch. She also incorporates the tenets of Ayurveda, (meaning"the science of life") a 4,000-year-old Indian system of preventative medicine that can help create balance and health in the body and mind. Her classes are inspired by students' needs, the season of the year, even the current weather or time of day. Building on these philosophies as foundation, Jessica's knowledge of anatomy, alignment and sequencing create a well-rounded, crafted yoga experience for her classes and private students.
What to expect from the teaching
- A compassionate learning environment that explores a challenging physical practice in a body-positive, inclusive, non-competitive manner.
- An integration of breath, body and mind in the physical practice of asana.
- A knowledge of pranayama (breathwork) and samyama (meditation), and an ability to use them as tools for cultivating stillness and peace.
- An intelligently sequenced class plan.
- A pursuit of practice and teaching that prioritizes all eight branches of yoga.
- A fully present teacher devoted to the students' safety and growth.
- The right to receive, or refuse, hands-on adjustments.
- Space to pursue the physical, mental and emotional challenges that can arise while being safely supported by the teacher.